Close

Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Current Bugs v0.0.162 12-8-2019

Oh cool, I'll look out for it.

I did another pass through the forest today and noticed the wolves in the first room on the right jumped over the closed door after I retreated. Recommendation: Keep that in. It looked amazing when two of them hopped the door.

Did a pass through with the hand gun and the sword. I noticed the gun does some funky things at different ranges . In close range there's a chance for it to hit two boomas at once which was interesting but not nearly as effective as the sword or saber. The saber can hit about 3  at once and is much quicker on the draw. Another thing is at mid-long range the gun can have some funky targeting. Some of the bullets don't register a hit or a miss and won't affect the mob at all. I noticed this primarily in the first room and the room with the door switch in Forest 1.

Ultimately, the gun feels weak compared to the saber and the sword because of lack of multi-target attack and wolves natural defense to it (aside from being able to shoot through walls). Its damage is quite fine being less than the saber but maybe some kind of pierce or multi-target mechanic would give it the utility it needs for when multiple mobs come. I also noticed that it doesn't have a jump attack like the saber does so it's even easier to get stun locked with. I couldn't seem to test its damage on the Ogre because I couldn't seem to hit the ogre with it. I might try another run though using the sword on it, but the sword has less accuracy than anything so I'm pretty sure the results will be the same.

One thing I noticed about the sword is that the model is very thin for its length and the way the character runs with it makes it look like a big piece of wavy paper. I'd recommend changing the running animation to something like the character dragging the sword behind him while he's running so you don't have to change the width of the 3-D model.

Quote from Smoe on December 18, 2019, 2:22 am

Oh cool, I'll look out for it.

I did another pass through the forest today and noticed the wolves in the first room on the right jumped over the closed door after I retreated. Recommendation: Keep that in. It looked amazing when two of them hopped the door.

Whoa lol i haven't seen that happen yet.

Yea i think after i get some more of the UI fixes done this week i want to start focusing on combat and polishing off weapons.

I actually have different walking animations for each weapon, i haven't implemented them yet mainly because i'm debating whether or not to add every weapon animation to one animation controller OR make a different animation controller for each weapon.

ideally i'd like to have a different animation controller for each weapon, but that also means i have to re-add spell casting and all other misc anims into the controller for each one, which can be tedious.

But yea i think this week i'd like to hammer out some of the UI nuances and the game breaking stuff and switch over to combat fixes.